A short post describing the small changes I have made to the layout of my homepage.

I’ve decided to stop using fonts provided by Google and this naturally changes the appearance of my homepage. The main two reasons for making this change are privacy and page loading times.

As I’m in progress of trying to minimize my exposure to Google’s vast advertisement machine anyway, removing the Google Fonts from my site was a logical step to take. While I was at it, I also decided to replace FontAwesome with ForkAwesome.

Concerning the page load times, I do grant you that my site still loads around 380kB of CSS- and JavaScript files, mainly due JQuery, Bootstrap and ForkAwesome.

Maybe one of these days I will get enough inspiration from brutalist web design or http://motherfuckingwebsite.com/ and overhaul my homepages…